April 22, 2012

Scotland with family - Day 3

Our Edinburgh day!
Well it was my second time in Edingburgh so I was more of guide than exploring XD
The day began with an interesting surprise. Following the sun and sporadic rain yesterday this day it was snowing O.o Yes I do not joke, it was snowing and hailing. Scotish weather at its best XD It wasn't even only normal snow it was a whole snowstorm. Nearly couldn't see my hand in front of my face.
We went to Edinburgh early in the morning and I have to admit I slept for most of the ride. I woke up shortly to see the snowstorm but was out like a light a second later. =D
We parked near the St. James Center which is a shopping center right in the middle of Edinburgh.
After briefly looking through the shopping center we set off towards the castle. I coud only show my family the castle, the mill museum next to it and a game shop before my dad and brother got hungry. And hungry man want food. Fast. XD
So we headed to the Pizza Hut as my brother really didn't want to eat any english food and everyone else was okay with it (especially my mom as she got herself a new scarf XD).
The Pizza Hut has an all-you-can-eat buffet and I totaly overstuffed myself x.x I mean all you can eat pizza and pasta and salad. After we were finished there I rolled myself through Edinburgh XD
We then went to the game store as games and dvds are really, really cheap here in England and in Scotland too. I got an early Easter present in the form of 7 seasons of Scrubs =D (All together they onyl cost about 20 pounds!). I also got the fame Mirrors Edge for less than 5 pounds and as totally happy for the rest of my holidays XD
Afterwards we went straight to the shopping center and mum went crazy XD She looked through a lot of shops looking for a tea pot for a friend and then through some more to look for other stuff. The shop she really went crazy in was Poundland XD We got all kinds of stuff there and just picked up everything we thought could be usefull XD
After that we went to a totally new thing. A fish pedicure! The shop was called Appy Feet and it was amazing XD 10 minutes starter cost 10 pounds per person and you have to fill out a medical form and wash your feet beforehand (they have an extra foot shower for that XD).
The feeling of so many little fish nibbling on your feet is really something else =D At first I squeaked but after some time you get used to it and it's not tickling anymore. For this I have to admit that I'm super ticklish on my feet, so much that I won't even let people touch my feet. But the fish were okay after a minute or so XD
The ten minutes flew by with talking to my mum and observing the fish =D
Every tickling in the beginning is so worth it though! My feet felt like baby feet afterwards =D

That was the last thing we did in Edinburgh and we drove back home. On the way there we stopped by a Co-op to get some water and sandwichs. From there on I was allowed to drive =D I love to drive in Britain! XD Left sided traffic is just fun =D

The evening was relaxed again and we decided that the next day would be a "lazy day" meaning that we would start off around lunch and not as early as before =) Both my brother and me were grateful for that XD

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment