April 29, 2012

Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs

As most people know I am a huge Harry Potter addict so this weekend I went and made some chocolate frogs =D Sadly they cannot jump but at least they taste nice =D

Ingredients:


- 2 hands full of jelly frogs
- 120 gramm chocolate (milk chocolate, around 40 % cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil

Total time: 2 hours (but I had a lot of frogs XD)

Instructions:

1. Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath and add the sunflower oil. 
 Be careful that the chocolate doesn't get too hot as it will cool down with a white film otherwise. It won't be bad or anything, it just won't look nice.
The sunflower oil lets the chocolate shine when it's cooled down but don't add too much as nobody wants their chocolate to taste like sunflower oil ;-D

2. Dip in each frog and put it on a rack to cool down. 

my army of frogs XD
In this step you'll have to be careful to not let the frogs stay in teh chocolate for too long. This is important as they are made out of jelly and if they stay in the hot chocolate for too long they might look like this:
yes, I mean the mess in the middle of the picture!
3. Put the rack in the fridge for about an hour. 
 During that time you can print out the boxes and start folding and glueing =D
I used the box design from Gaddia and just changed it around on some boxes to get more variety =) If you're interested in the other boxes designs just leave a comment and I'll upload them too =)

After and hour you can take the frogs from the rack and put them into the boxes =D
The normal box design is a little too big for just one frog so I made smaller ones too that are perfect for just one frog ;-D
all different box designs, gaddia's on the left 



I gave the frogs to some friends and my room mate to try and everyone liked them =D
I think it's a great thing if you just want to have something small to give to someone, especially the smaller boxes =D
Hope you'll enjoy chocolate frogs too! =D

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment