March 28, 2012

Chihiro and Watson Cosplay

Here they are =) the first pictures of my Chihiro /Sen cosplay from Spirited Away and my John Watson cosplay from Sherlock BBC =)

The making of the cosplay (Chihiro):
Chihiro was a challenge. I don't have a sewing machine here so everything would have to be done by hand =( I knew it would take quite a lot of time but with Salles help I manage to finish the cosplay in 2 days =D
The white undershirt is done like a kimono undershirt with the sleeves sewed on the wrong side out XD I was really tired while doing this part and will have to change the sleeves as soon as I get around to do it ;-D The white underpants were even easier as I already had some pants I could use =D
The red pants were quite simple too and I just cut out 2 big leg pieces, sewed them together at the crotch and then closed the sides. Some long strips of fabric to make it a wrap around pant and tadaaa its finished =D
Now the red top was the challenge which turned out to be really simple. At first I thought it was some weird top with tousands of intricate little things to look after but in the end it was just a really, really, really long piece of fabric in which I cut a hole for my head =) I then added the two kimono like sleeves and the collar =D And Tadaaa =) A finished cosplay as I didn't need any shoes and I could use my hair instead of a wig =)

The making of the Cosplay (John Watson)
This cosplay was done really fast as I bought all the parts. I got the blue blouse and black jacket at Primark and already had the jeans and shoes. I then got the coffee cup and blonde wig =D Oh and Salle as my awesome Sherlock =D (She is really convincing when she's bored XDDDD)

The shootings
Last week we had two photoshoots =D One with just Salle and me in Avenham Park as Chihiro and Salle as Meirin from Black Butler and later both of us as Sherlock and Watson =) Later that week we had another shooting with Mark as our photographer and us as Sherlock and Watson.
The first shooting was really funny as we walked through half the city with me as Chihiro XD The looks I got were hilarious XD There even was a stalker lady in the park that just took pictures of us without asking! In my opinion that was really rude! She did it like four times and always walked away to fast for us to say anything. Taking picutes was a lot of fun and we joked around a lot XD I even got a video of my graceful running downhill as Chihiro which doesn't look awkward at all ;-D
Shortly before it got dark and before we had to go to the Xcerts concert we changed into Sherlock and Watson and just took a couple of pictures before heading of =)
The second shooting was done mostly in Salles living room and in dingy little backstreets XD We took some everyday life pictures and some chasing the evil guy ones in the street =)
All the shootings were really nice and I enjoyed everyday =) Now after all this reading here are some shots from the day =)

The Pictures =D


Chihiro





Sherlock and Watson


sad Watson =(
gazing into nowhere XD




Meirin


Meirin being her perfectly coordinated self XD



Hope you enjoyed it =D

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment