March 8, 2012

Southport Beach

This crazy weekend all started last friday XD
Hanna came back from Germany for a week (sooo happy =DD ) and we decided to spend friday together. As I had class from 9 to 12 in the morning we decided to meet at 12 o'clock at my flat.
That is when it all went crazy. Because I've been working on assignments for 40 hours straight (x.x dead thym walking....) I fell asleep on thursday night and woke up at 12:15 on friday x.x . I jsut looked at the watch... looked again and after a few seconds realized that I was already late for everything! So I ran to my kitchen window and (no surprise) Hanna was already sitting on the bench below it waiting for me. I let her into my flat and got ready while she waited. According to her I looked like a wet dog that was kicked by it's owner.. I felt more like a douchebag for being late for everything... Oh well.
After a quick pancake breakfast we went shopping =D Shopping with Hanna is always fun XD I don't know how but we always find the funniest stuff XD  I saw a bunny pj that was like a whole body suit *__* (I totally had to think of mysli when seeing it XD).


After shopping Hanna invited me to come to Southport to the beach with her and three others from Germany (Olli, Andy and Otte).
The ride was really funny especially when we were in Southport and Olli started wondering why there were no more signs showing the way to Southport XDD.
We finally arrived at the beach and I have to say it looks great! We had sunshine, lots of wind XD and of crouse the Irish Sea =D
The dunes were really nice. They were all warped and full of secret pathways everything topped by lots of weeds. And they were the only place without the strong wind!
After seeing and exploring the dunes we went down to the water. There the boys rescued Fridolin XD Our little ladybug friend XD We actually took him all the way back to Preston so he wouldn't be in danger of falling into the sea again. He now lives in the little garden inside Whitendale Hall. =D
We just stood there enojoying the sea and sundown while the boys started measuring how fast the tide was coming in with a little seashell XD It very funny seeing their "scientific experiment" XD Hint: Always go on trips with physics students, it's always something funnny happening.
We then bet on when the sund was going down (I lost...) and then went home after playing in the dunes some more.

the interesting way the sand just changed shape O.o






Fridolin =D





we even caught the sun =D

This would be the perfect beach with the beach kites and sund and everything if there wasn't for the oil platform that we saw right in front of the beach. I don't know if it's due to it or something else but there was even some oil in the water at the beach which we saw because the water reflected the sun with rainbow colours. Looked beautiful but cannot be healthy.

While we were going back to Preston Hanna invited me to the Scottland trip the four had planned for saturday and sunday. I said yas, of course =D
So after working on a flyer for the Cosplay rocks the World! event on March 15th, we watched some anime and I then went home to get some sleep before going to Scottland =D

Love
Thym



1 comment:

  1. Sonne, viel Wind, Meer - klingt fast wie zu haus XD
    Und die Dünenbilder sehn aus wie aus Dänemark...

    ReplyDelete