March 25, 2012

Spring Time

Spring has arrived!! 20 degress celsius and sunshine the whole weekend!
It's waaaaaay to warm but still great! =)
Encouraged by the beautiful weather Salle and I decided to do some exploring of the city =D We met at her flat and then set of to find something interesting. As it turned out she always walked way to far for grocery shopping as there was an express tesco just 10 minutes from her home XD And they had real ciabatta bread *___* Lovely! (Of ourse I couldn't resist and got one for me ;-D )
We walked around some until we found the canal and started following it. Sadly it looked gross and sometimes it even smelled really bad but at other parts it looked kinda nice and did not smell ;-D (My first thought was: Did we end up in the sewers??)


Further down we started discussing how far we should follow the canal until I saw this to our left:
Just a second later Salle saw it too and our minds were made up and we went into the park, which it was as we later found out =D The park was really amazing. 
It was not overly big like Avenham park, but that wasn't whaat made up it's charme. It was more the families and children running around and enjoying the day without being noisy or anything. There was more of a pleasant hum in the air. =)The big lake in the middle was just an added bonus =D
We stayed on a bench for some time and just soaked in the nice atmosphere and the calm that permeated the air. =D
After the break we went through more of the park and discovered that there are some really nice grass planes further down the way. 
While walking through some housing areas I actually found some houses I could imagine living in, even though most of the english houses are too small and not enough isolated for my taste. 
Not to far down the road we found the Preston Dock at last! I actually wanted to go there since the beginning of my exchange but never got around to it. It is quite nice and I love the sailing boats *__* There were even two ships of the navy. 
At the end of the dock there is a bridge that is opened by just elevating the whole bridge XD Not opening it up in two party like normal bridges but by just pushing up the whole thing. I would love to see it doing that XD


After walking around for a bit, a stop at McDonalds (and Salle accidentally seting of a fire alarm XD) we just sat by the dock enjoying the view and talked a bit =D
Later we both went home with aching feet and lots of nice new places in Preston =D
Oh and the knowledge that Preston was quite famous for its cotton mills. That explains the amount of cotton references in the street signs in Preston XD For anyone interested here is the sign I read it from:

Hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did =D

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment