September 26, 2011

St. Joseph's Orphanage

This is a building I found while walking around aimlessly in Preston. I just turned down a side alley and bam! there it is. St. Joseph's Orphanage build 1872.
It looks like an abandoned house in the middle of the city. Pretty much horror-movie material =D
On my first day there I could only stay for a few minutes before some creepy guy came and I optioned to leave as he was pre
tty scary looking...
The next time I went there was with my friends =D Mashaa who also had
her camera with her took some really nice picutures! =D We were the photographing duo XD

When I got back home I wanted to find out more about this Orphanage... but the internet is pretty much void of much information about it.
I found this blog http://blogpreston.co.uk/2009/10/st-josephs-orphanage/ with some information about the Orphanage and this website http://www.contaminationzone.com/Gallery58.php on which great pictures from the inside are to be found. The problem I have... I want to take pictures in the building too but at the same time I don't want to break into the building... and I can't find a contact adress... I'll have to look up more about it later on =D







































































































































































The last two pictures were actually taken on the buildings next to the orphanage. Just saying so nobody is confused =D
maybe you can understand my urge to take pictures inside after seeing these pictures.

check it out =D It's great ^.^

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment