September 21, 2011

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

After so long my entry about Blackpool Pleasure Beach is here =D

We started off on this sunday morning and I was really glad that it wasn't raining XD Sadly we had to wait some time at the car park before going to where the busses were which was quite annoying as I felt that it was totally unneeded.. why not just wait right at the busses?
But and I say it's a big buuuuut everything turned aout great when I actually got to sit in the front of the upper deck on the doppel decker bus =D











Two germans on the doppel decker bus =D We rock =D




The drive itself was more exhilarating then I anticipated as I expected to fall asleep in the first few minutes XD But as I was so excited my friends had to put up with me for the whole one hour ride. Sorry guys if I was too excited but I just loved the double decker bus =D
The picture above wasa actually taken right before we arrived at the amusement park ^^ So it is already in Blackpool.
Blackpool itself seems like quiet a nice city with lots of amusement parks/ fairs and some waterparks too =D Quite a lot of things for such a city. And of course the Irish Sea which comes up right to the Blackpool Pleasure Beach. So Beach is really the perfect name for
it.

As we got of the bus I was even more excited as I love amusement parks and the sea and I felt that I was going to get both this day =D
The first thing I noticed while standing in front of the bus was the huge blast of wind that nearly blew me away XD That was the last proof I needed to know that I'm near the sea XD Wind like that only exists there, I think.

But more about the sea later on =D because just as we got off the bus we went into the park with the reminder to be back at 5:30 pm.

One of the first pictures I saw was this:
















And all I could think was: amusement park! Roller coaster! Amusement park! Roller coaster! Burger King? Ô.o

Yep. Something I don't remember from our amusement parks but which seems quite normal here XD Fast food restaurants in the park ^^ It actually saved us but more about that later =D
Before eating we actually had to get into the park =D











Us three being happy and excited to go into the park.













With our tickets =D The green one was mine. Lucky me ^^



After entering we got onto our first ride... at last =D This one was a mixtu
re
between really cute and creepy XD It was an Alice in wonderland ride which I really like but
... the lighting was kinda creepy XD What was awesome was that if you got into the feeling you could really think that you went down the rabbit hole on the back of a cat XD














































After this lovely ride we strolled around for a bit and then found... Nickelodeon Land =D There were so many things to see and to do *_*
As my friends like Spongebob or have a friend that loves Spongebob we had to take lots of pictures in the Spongebob part of the Nickelodeon Land XD Which was really interesting as the have a Krusty Krab, a jelly fish hunting thing and a Bikini Bottom bus tour =D It was all done very nice and it was a lot of fun taking picutures there =D
But after the Spongebob part came the part that I was looking forward to: an Avatar the Last Airbender ride *__* I have to confess I am a huge fan of the series and I really like Aang. So I just had to get onto the ride =D Regardless if it was bad or not. Luckily it was really good =D





























These are the seats.













And this is how you sit on them =D And then you fly XD just like an airbender =DD






We went on this ride quiet a few times that day as Hanna seemed to
have fallen in love with it XD and I loved it too =D

During the day we went on some other rides too of course which I will not all explain as much but I will show you pictures =D







It deserves its name O.o absolutly. It is really high, quiet fast and goes down in a 90 degree angle... while turning aroudn itself @.@ it was really good but I kinda missed the german safety XD There were only ... I don't know what they're called... but like a rod in your lap to keep you from falling out... I'm used to the full thing with over the neck bindings for things this crazy XD But it really was an interesting experience







This one was a ride that actually scared me the most XD you sit on these horses and they go around with you on there back without much of a belt keeping you on them O.o This is truly British I think XD And I loved how there would often be two guys on one horse trying to get there horse to go faster XD Sooo funny XD












Just a cute sign in a house of mirrors we went in XD Sadly these sign in there made most of it pointless as you could see where they were reflected XD










One of my favourite rides =D Infusion. You just sit in a hanging systems of sorts and go through the whole thing =D I love it =D





In between these rides it began to rain really hard so we went into the Burger King for cover =D That's why I said it saved us =D without it we would probably be drenched XD We ate in there at it was really nice =D and I found a sign which I really like XD
















After all this excitement in the park we went to the sea to go to the beach. When we first got there the tide was still high so we couldn't got down to the beach. But when we came back later the tide was low and we could go to the beach and risk being blown away XD here are some pictures of our blowing adventure XD




















































We all had fun that day and I think everyone enjoyed the short stay at the beach =D In the evening after some counting problems we left Blackpool half an hour later than planned and were off again to Preston =D
To study diligently and always only work hard for uni.... naaah XD That would've been way to boring XD more about my first week of uni and some other things will follow shortly =D (really I'm talking about tomorrow or so XD )

Love
Thym

P.S. My friend Ashley from California is also writing a blog about her life here in Preston =D Please visit her blog =D


No comments:

Post a Comment