September 26, 2011

Ramen =3

I love Ramen! It's simple as that XD This weekend was great because I tried my first Ramen from scratch =D Together with my friends here in England we went on a great adventure to explore the mechaniches of Ramen-making XD















But lets begin at the beginning =D
At first there were Hanna and me ^.^ Hungry for something to eat. It was perfect timing that we were both hungry and I was just dreaming about Ramen again ( I do that quiet often XD) when we came onto the topic of Naruto (the anime XD).
Talking, talking and some more talking followed =D And it ended with me exclaiming that I wish to make ramen myself =D Hanna agreed and our plan was formed
=D
Go to Mashaa, do laundry (yes as students we have to do that sometimes XD) , get everything from the shop and cook :3 At that point I was already starving as I had thought about ramen to long XD
While we were doing the laundry Mashaa stayed back so we could run to the shop before it closes and get the ingedients for our ramen =D We got nearly everything, but naruto-maki q.q I love naruto-maki in my ramen and was really disappointed that the asia shop doesn't have it. But alas... nobody can get everything. On our way from our shop we met Ashley and invited her too. When we got back to Mashaa we remembered that we never asked her to come with us which we promptly did =D

And then the adventures of cooking began =D

It began with me trying to get the soup stock right. I have never used dashi like this before but I think it worked out quite nicely XD Even though it really smells like fish ;-D
The added miso made everything ok =D But... maybe I overdid it a little with the miso ^^ as the broth became quiet .... thick XD
But everything worked out =D
Then came the toppings ^^ Best part were the surimi Mashaa had bought XD They were packed individually XD It was really funny to watch her unpack every single surimi itself ^^ These surimi should feel quite honoured XD










Our single surimi =D




After all the surimi were unpacked washed and cut and the other toppings were prepared it looked like this :









Bamboo shoots, soya bean sprouts, pork, surimi, carrots and spring onion =D













And our finished product with the tamagoyaki topping Ashley made and some nori =D




In the end it was quiet a lot to eat XD and the broth was a little to thick so it was more of a cream/soup hybrid than a soup XD But I still think it was ok ^.^ And the next time it will be real soup XD

After the ramen we needed some dessert =D (Of course XD)








Our lovely green tea mochi =D I just love it =D



















And as one mochi per person is not enough we got out our Ben&Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice cream :3 Soooo good *__*
It was a perfect evening ^^ Being together with friends, having fun, cooking, eating and having sweets =D

Hope you enjoyed it somewhat too XD

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment