October 28, 2011

Lymm

Okay. Now this is a little late but I wanted to tell you about  my little trip to the small village of Lymm. =D
We went there some time ago to celebrate our friend Katy's birthday early. For all the germans reading this: Yes, here in England it is perfectly normal to celebrate a birthday in advance. Here it does not bring bad luck or anything ;-D

Anyway... on to the story =D

Our trip started at the Preston train station. (Where else? XD) I have to say... I like the train station. There is so much life in there it is just nice to see. There are also real english phone booths in front of it! What a real english one is you ask? well this one:



Arriving at the train station early ( I can be on time too ;-P) I looked around in there but because I was too lazy I didn't take any pictures. My bad =) 
After I found my friends we got our ticktes and went to our platform and waited for our train. It is quite funny XD whenever I think platform I associate platform 9 3/4 XD I really have to go there one time =D
While waiting we goofed around a bit and the I saw the sign for our train XD It actually said London on it! 
I was just a little bit tempted to skip Lymm and just stay on the train to see how far I would be able to go XD

After arriving in Warrington Katy's mother picked us up to give us a lift to Lymm. That was so nice of her =D
I really like Lymm. It is a beautiful old village that has just this touch of mystery =D Perfect combination for me =D
There are actual floating home boats on the river through the village. I was imediately reminded of "The Golden Compass" or "Northern Lights" as the book is called here in the UK. I just love those boats =D

Isn't it beautiful? =D
Hanging out that evening with my friends was awesome =D We ate at the best Italien restaurant ever (Seriously... only the ones in Italy itself are better XD), joked around a lot und finished the great evening with a short SingStar contest and the movie Love acutally... I had not watched the movie beforehand I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. It's not just a mushy love story but actually a sweet movie about love (not just romantic but family-wise too!)
To summ the evening up I have some pictures from the restaurant XD



The last picture is actually drawn by me XD Aren't I the perfect artist? XD LOL

After retirering and talking waaay too long with Hanna (seriously... we're talking 3 am here) we were woken up by Katy way too early XD (in my opinion). But she gave us toast and tea as a peace offering .. well food... so I had to forgive her XD

On sunday we just walked around the village and the beautiful village and the dam of near the village. We were really lucky with the weather XD Here are some impressions from there:









 This is the Lymm Cross. It has a pretty interesting story as nobody knows where it comes from or what it's purpose is. I actually took nearly 50 pictures from every angle and I want to try to find out some more information about this thing. It even has cryptic messages on three sides.
They are: Think of the last. We are a shadow. Save time.
Each above one sundial respectively. On the fourth side is a plaque talking about the restoration in 1897. I don't know if there was a sundial or anything else on that side before the new plaque was added. Another thing I have to find out XD
All in all quite a mystery and I intend to solve at least some part of it XD That's what I love England for: Mysteries at every corner (and sometimes a good ghost story too XD).

England. Flowers anywhere XD Even on the top of a window where nobody can reach XD



The swans in the last two pictures were a beautiful family that followed us whenever we were at the river :3 They were sooooo cute! =D
In the end we went back to Katy's and from there to the train station. But not before seeing something that just made the whole weekend a whole lot more awesome: PIRATES!!! XD

I just love these people for doing that XD

Oh! Another great thing that happend once we got back to Preston. I got something for free XD
Hanna, Ashley and I went to the city and visited the Lush store there. I actually just wanted to go home but ended up tagging along to this store XD The others were given advise about the different products there while I just walked around the store looking at things (I love Lush stores. Always so much to explore! )
In the end Ashley and Hanna asked for some testers and I just stood behind them creepyly XD I just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone XD
But the saleswoman was soo nice *__* She actually gave us a full package of this one product Aqua Marina which they couldn't sell anymore but which was still good till end of november. And I just love it XD It makes my skin feels sooo smooth =D Though I had to convince myself in the begining to use it as it looks and smells a little bit like seaweed (well, they use seaweed, duh XD) 

That was the end of the awesome weekend and in the end I just fell into my bed and was happy to have been together with my friends for the whole weekend! =D

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment