October 14, 2011

The Lake District - Part 2

Picking up where I left in the last entry, let's end the story about our adventure at the lake district =D
As I already told you we ate some of our lunch in the bus to the cottage. While on the bus I envisioned a haunting, old and small cottage like from a movie... I really liked that thought and got excited to see it in the end.
After about 3 stops which took 15 minutes, I think, we arrived at Grasemere. A small village right next to a beautiful lake and in between the mountains.
Most of the streets there looked like this:

I loved those streets *__* And with my favourite stone houses! As we walked eup to the cottage I got more and more excited. 
I've got to say: I was disapointed. Dove Cottage as it is called is not one of the really old ones (at least not from the outside, we didn't go in) und it's been made a museum. I don't like it when old houses and sights are made a museum... most of the time they lose their charme with the business going on in there.
But alas , it is still a nice house:


But the trip there was worth it for Ashley seemed really happy about being at this place where the famous poet William Wordsworth wrote some of his poets. To be honest I don't remember ever hearing about him but Ashley assured me that  he is really famous XD I might look up some of his poets. I actually like the short one on the plate on the second picture. 
While the others looked closer at the cottage I saw something on the other side of the street:
I think it's scary. O.o
After hanging around the cottage for a little we decided to got back to drink a hot chocolate before taking the bus back. Here is the hot chocolate:

 It looked really good but sadly it wasn't as delicious as it looked. =( But it was still nice to sit in the cafe and enjoy talking to my friends. =)
What followed was nearly an hour of talking, talking and more talking XD I loved it =D 
Yet, everything as to come to an end so we went back on the street and on to the bus stop. We saw that the bus would come in 20 minutes so we decided to walk just a little bit down the street towards a lake ( of course not that far away, still traumatized from our last bus stop encounter XD)
Here are some pictures of the 20 minutes =D :







After taking the pictures and  goofying around for a bit we went back to the bus station jsut to be on the safe side ;-D
The bus to take us back came right in time and we went upstairs again as this bus actuall only had half of a roof O.o Oh and we saw an awesome sign XD:


During the bus ride we ate some more of our lunch and enjoyed the view. =D Thanks to our awesome timing and lots of luck we got to the ferry in the very last minute to board. Actually they already readied the boat to take off but when we came running down the landing stage they were so kind to wait for us! Thank you boat people! =D
On the ride back I took some pictures too:


The foggy weather was acutally quiet good to give the area this mysterious feeling XD
When we arrived back in Windermerewe decided to explore this city (town?) a little bit more. And it was so worth it XD This town is so full of confectionary *__* it's everywhere XD



It was great! I got a huge lollipop *__* and Ashley should do commercials for sweets XD


In the end we ate way to much that day and most of it were sweets XD But I regret nothing XD
On the way back to the coach we kept going into shops and jsut goofying around and I took some flower pictures. That's what I love England for. Bad weather but beautiful nature!




In the end we were all exhausted but happy and back in our coach on the way back to Preston. 
This picture sums most of it up pretty well XD :
Together with the earlier pictures of Ashely it actually sums up the day XD Rain, walking, stone walls and food XD

That's it from my side about the lake district.
Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any question.

Love
Thym


No comments:

Post a Comment