October 20, 2011

English Sweets

This time I just wanted to show you some of the english sweets I encountered up to now. Not all are purely english but some of them XD
Let's begin with the biggest mystery I encountered here: Custard. Everyone talks abaout it, everyone knows it but somehow nobody could describe it to me... Our dear friend Katy actually bought some just to show us what it looks like:
As you can see it looks like vanilla sauce... but it isn't XD It's what we germans (and the americans too XD) call pudding! Hence our new group joke: the english put pudding on their pudding XD
It tastes really good, has the consistency of just normal vanilla pudding and is, as you can guess, put onto puddings (deserts).

Another english thing I always wanted to try is mince pie. Katy was so nice to let all of us try a mince pie each when we were at her house in Lymm (report will follow shortly XD).
It looks like this:
It tasted really good! Lots of cinnamon (which I love *_*) fruits and other things mixed together and put into a pie =D Perfect idea! It is traditionally eaten around christmas time if I understood right but we tried it in october anyway XD It actually tastes like christmas XD Perfect thing and on my have to buy list for when I return to Germany.

While writing this I get the feeling that Katy is treating us to way to many sweets here XD But alas the next one is also something she introduced to us =D Yorkshire Mix. It looks like this:
Looks great and tastes even better! Especially if you're a sweet tooth like me XD I think it's pure sugar with some ingredients added to it. I love it and will probably take some home with me too XD I liked the brown ones with the white stripes the most! :3

The next one is also a small treat and something I was assured was completly english: Mints. I was a little bit sceptical at first for I had some bad experiences with mints... some really taste like... nasty.
Here is the one I tried:
And I have to say: it's great! I can only recommend it. Particulary after a meal. It really refreshes your mouth afterwards. I wish I had more than one but I guess that's what makes it more special for me. XD

Last but not least something that is not purely english. In fact I think it's a worldwide know treat: cupcakes! But not any cupcakes... The best ones I ever had! See:
Perfect! They are: banoffee (banana and toffee), plain chocolate, lemon, mars bar, daim bar, and just pink XD
I didn't eat the pink one so I cannot say anything about that but the other ones were great! I like the banoffee and the mars one the most XD They actually have a filling in there center *__* They are all sold here on campus every tuesday and sometimes fridays! Maybe I'll get one tomorrow ;-D Looking at them again makes me want to eat one XD

That's all about sweets for now XD I have a sugar from just thinking about all this sugar (Hot chocolate fudge cake not even shown x.x) So I'll end this here XD
A report about my trip the beautiful village of Lymm will follow soon.

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment