October 13, 2011

The Lake District - Part 1

After nearly a week I finally got down to write this entry XD
But let's start at the beginning.
A few weeks ago Ashley came up to Hanna and me and asked us if we signed up for the trip to the lake district. We both sayed no; I don't know why Hanna hadn't signed up at that point but I had not heard of the lake dirstrict before and actually was only semi-interested. But then Ashley told us about the beautiful landscape and that some famous poet lived there and wrote his poems. Well... to be honest I enjoy poetry but I'm not someone who reads it everyday XD But alas.. if a poet could get creative there it might be worth looking into. So I signed up as soon as I could. Funny thing though was that they couldn't give me my ticket as the person with the tickets was ... somewhere XD I never understood where and nobody else seemed to really know so I signed up and got a note next to my name saying: hasn't got a ticket but has paid. I really felt like the odd one out because of that XD
Finally after a week of waiting saturday dawned with a beautiful blue and pink sky, birds chirping and sheep grazing on the meadow in the middle of Whitendale Hall. NOT.
We had the typical english weather XD Rain, fog, wind and hiding sun. All together on this day on which we were supposed to see one of the most beautiful places around here XD
Just so it is out there: England I love you. (But the weather is getting kinda monotone right now.)
Okay but back to the topic at hand.
We all arrived at our coached that were supposed to take us to the lake district at 9 am. (Way to early if you stayed up like me x.x - again)
While everyone was going to his/her assigned coach I stood there being quiet lost. Because.. well.. some genius printed the coach number you were assigned to onto the tickets. See my problem? No ticket. No coach. And my friends all in coach number one...
So I went up to the nice international buddy and told them I had no ticket. Conversation went like this:
Me: Excuse me. I didn't get a ticket in the international office. But I paid for the trip.
International buddy: Perfect! Your the one without the ticket!
Me: *stares* (thinking: that's what I just told you?! Ô.o )
International buddy: Wll let's get you in the coach before everyone else. So I can tick you off my list.
Me: Okay! Which coach?
International Buddy: Coach 1!
Me: *grins* okay!
In the end I got to be the first one on the coach (thank you fate for not giving me a ticket XD) and sit with my friends =D
Oh and I met a new friend on the way there: Bhreagh! She's from BC, Canada. It's so funny that I keep meeting lots of canadians here XD But Bhreagh is a really nice and friendly girl.
After an hour we arrived at Winderemere. From there our adventure started =D
We had heard on the bus that there was a ferry from Windermere to Ambleside which we took.
While waiting for the ferry we found some swans a little bit down the street. They looked so pretty *__*

But that's how swans are... pretty but dangerous!
I was really looking forward to it as I miss boats and the water. Especially sailing boats. So I was super happy on the ferry XD
After about half an hour on the ferry we arrived at Ambleside. I don't know much about Ambleside as Ashley wanted to see this cottage of the famous poet and so we just asked the information for the directions and a time estimate. 3 miles and 20 minutes sounded feasible.
And it stayed like that XD It only sounded feasible. We walked some time in the direction we were told and I actually enjoyed the walk 8D
Beautiful places left and right and I totally fell in love with the stone walls they have everywhere XD




The little river in the last picture was so clear *__* I loved it! And of course the buildings. They are really nice!
After walking through a little village (of which I know neither name nor postal code XD) We decided to ask for directions again as some of us (me included) got tired of walking all the time in the middle of nowhere without really knowing if it's the right direction XD
So while Bhreagh bought something in a little bakery Ashley asked for the directions again. As it turned out we had another half and hour to walk x.x which was impossible for us to do as we already walked half an hour and only had so much time before we had to be back at the coach...
In our attempt to find a solution we decided to see if a bus was driving up to the cottage. Luck was on our side that day! One bus was scheduled to go in 5 minutes =D We were all so happy. To see if a bus was going back to Ambleside (and the ferry) we crossed the street. Bad idea... very bad idea to do this all together...
As you can imagine the moment we were on the other side and happy about finding out that a bus was driving back the bus to the cottage drove by us x.x We were all shocked! And my only thought was something along the lines of: Bus!! BUUUUUUUSSS! Why you come now??? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?
So.. I was already falling straight down into despair but luckily Ashley wasn't. She started waving like crazy and trying to show the bus driver that we wanted to go with that bus. The bus driver actually saw us and stopped like 150 metres behind the bus stop! We all couldn't believe it and just stood there staring stupidly at the bus for a second. Of course then we started running like crazy XD
The nice bus driver waited all that time and even gave us tipps to what the cheapest fare would be. Thank you Mr. Bus Driver! You are my hero!
We got onto the bus (double-decker *__*) and of course went upstairs. As I was the last one to enter the bus I had the great experience of walking upstairs in a driving bus XD And I love it! I want to do it again as soon as possible XD
While in the bus we started eating some of our lunch ( Hanna and I packed lunch boxes, Ashley brought a sandwich which looked delicious). 
What happened once we got of is a tale for the next entry =D


The last picture was acutally taken while inside the bus XD So please excuse the bad quality =3

Love
Thym

2 comments: