February 14, 2012

A very late pre-christmas London post - part2

The second day in London =D  There was not that much we wanted to do this day but I still think it was an awesome day =D
It all started with us having a lay in as we knew that Portobello Market wouldn't be open until 11 am or so. After getting dressed in our great new clothes (shopping on the first day is a great idea XD), being allowed to leave our luggage in the hostel until afternoon (thanks again!) and getting ready we went down for breakfast. The breakfast was a really interesting experience. There was mostly toast and some cereals and only one toaster for everyone. So Hanna and me got a system worked out were one person goes for the toast and the other defends the table XD When we were full we left the hostel and set off to Portobello Market in Notting Hill. I am still not quite sure if that is the market from the movie or not...I have to admit that I've never actually seen that movie.
But anyway XD It was fun getting there and I was very glad that I had bought some gloves the day before as it was really cold!
We went for a stroll around the market and I love it! There are so many things! Antiques, Jewellery, Books, Clothes, Food, and much, much more! Basically everything you could think of.
Hanna got some presents and even though I didn't find anything to actually buy I really enjoyed the experience. We even found a german stall selling real german sausages XD
On our way back to train station we got ourselves some really good crepes. They were awesome *__* Lots and lots of fruits (For me strawberries and bananas for Hanna) and even more nutella on top, and then even some whipped cream! *_* I just want another one of those as I think about them XD
one row in the "clothes section" at Portobello Market

the most awesome crepes ever!! *__*


That sign scared me! O.o

Just gotta love the pizza advertisment with a car XD

One of the things we saw the most this weekend


After the market we went back to the hostel to get something to drink and take a break and of course pick up our luggage. I nearly fell asleep at this point XD
But luckily we pulled ourselves together and went off to the christmas market. But before that I want to show you a really nice sign  in the hostel:

When we arrived at the christmas market it was cold and nearly completly dark. But! The Christmas market called WinterWonderLand was great!! Funnyly enough many stalls were german and there was even a "Bavarian Village" XD It was lovely all around! Hanna and I got ourselves some real german sausages and Glühwein (something like mulled wine but better ;-D) and Hot Chocolate for me =D  
We just stayed in a corner for some time and enjoyed the feeling to be there. There was even a speaking moose head that sang german and english christmas songs XD Of course we sang along once or twice ;-D
During the singing they also starte up a snow machine! So that we got our snow at least for a short time while we were in London. When we started walking again we just looked around the market and walked farther and farther ^.^ 
It was beautiful and then awesome! =D The reason? Well there was an amusement park connected to the christmas market and that was the real WinterWonderLand! We didn't even see it the day before XD (Or at least I didn't). It was great! I would have loved to get onto some rides but sadly it was not meant to be but I found a really soft bunny plushie XD So I was happy once again when I could keep it. 
Here are some impressions of the WinterWonderLand and christmas market:
See the snow! =D

real sausages!






everthing is ordered in England XD

A picture from the outside 
After sitting on a bench for some time and just talking we finally went off to Camden Market or mor specificly the Camden Market Hall. 
I just loved it! *__* The whole place jsut emitted this christmas feeling and you just felt the festive spirit everywhere =D And the decorations and live music! =D I felt like I was in movie! Everything was just perfect!




these musicians were phenomenal! Especially when they danced all around the place! Even the  bass player XD






I think we stayed there for an hour or two just listening to the music and walking around the place XD 
When we finally decided to get back to where our bus was departing from (even if we were like 3 hours early) I bullied Hanna into showing me Kings Cross Station... all Harry Potter Fans will understand me XD
I have to say... Hanna was right. It is disappointing. But it still felt good to have been there. Even if only to see it once.
Here are the pictures:
this sign was actually at the station for Camden market. Good to know exactly how far to go XD

the real platform 9

and the real platform 10. Not even connected!




In the end we spend another 1 1/2 hours in a McDonald's across King's Cross and jsut waited for some time before going to Victoria Station and our bus.
There we got our seat and promptly fell asleep (at least I did XD). Good thing to as I had a test the next day another one on the day after that =D
Good news for those: Passed both with a first =D I just go to London more often before writing tests XD

Love 
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment