February 17, 2012

Calligraphy and Take Me Out

Valentines Day is over and I'm still single.... maybe I do something wrong? Be it as it may be XD I still had a fantastic time before and on Valentines day XD
To start of the friday before the 14th I went to a Calligraphy session with a friend. It was sooo funny! The instructor was a japanese woman from Kyoto and really nice. But she gave me the chance to prove again that I should use my brain sometimes -.-
Situation is like this:
Me and my friend sitting in a room full of japanese language students and some real japanese people inbetween. The instructor tells us she's from Kyoto and asks if anyone ever was in Japan. Me, not using my brain raised my hand and drifted of again. Of course, with my luck -.- , the instructor picked me and asked were exactly I've been. I answered Kyoto and at that moment my brain restarted and I sat there like a deer in the headlights. The situation came crashing down to me: I forgot most of my japanese over the last 2 years. I'm sitting in a room full of people who speak fluent japanese and the instructor might be asking me something in japanese the next second O.o (this emoticon reflects my feelings at that point pretty well)
Lucky me she didn't actually ask me anything but jsut skipped to the instructions on how do calligraphy. =D
I have rarely felt so relieved XD
My friend and I then had a great time drawing and joking around while trying to capture the essence of what we where writing XD
In my opinion she did a way better job than I did... but we both had a great time XD


she wrote music and I dragon =)
After the calligraphy workshop we went shopping for dinner and that was when I met the second great thing that day. In front of the shop was a guy giving away free ballons *__*
I couldn't resist XD
my happy ballon :3 (you could wear them as bracelets too *__*)
After another night of eating too much and watching something.. (I don't remember much after the balloon XD it was jsut too fascinating *_* ) we called it a night and my friend went home =)

And we met again on Tuesday. Valentines Day.... Well us two being singles decided to go to the UCLan Take Me Out at 53° (the club of the university).
It was hilarious! One of the girls was either reallyyyyyy stupid or reallyyyy drunk XD But it was so funny to watch her XD
And the host! The host was just fabulous! XD I think I nealy died of laughter at one point. =D We both had a great time watching the show and just enjoying how the host made fun of everyone and everything XD
There was also a chlamydia awareness thing going on to which the host made the best comment ever... You see for protection they gave everyone who took a chlamydia test thing a bag with a condom and a lollipop in it. Comment of the host: "Well, guys, you know they kinda give off the wrong ideas here. If you need the lollipop to be able to convince you're partners they're probably way too young for you! *evil grin* Oh yeah, come to daddy little boy. Time to earn you're pocket money! "
XD lines like that the whole evening XD



After the event we went to the Source (bar at uni) and listened to the karaoke for a while. (It was great XD)
When we got fed up with the songs we changed to Roper Hall to meet with some people my friend knew. The moment we arrived I realized that I knew some people too and it was a really nice night talking and hanging out with friends =D
Oh! And I found a hat I want to steal at one point XD Or buy it when I find it XD
I just love the hat! 

At around one o'clock we decided to go home as we were really tired...
But alas =) our stomachs had another idea and we had to stop to get some pizza first XD It was... okay XD the chips with it were gross but the pizza itself was acceptable ^^ and together with a drink for 4 pounds you can't complain =D

That's all about my adventures besides assignments and logbooks (both which I should be working on right now instead of writing this blog XD)

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment