February 16, 2012

Random Post

This is just a random post about some things that have happened in the time I didn't write as much.
Waaay back in november we celebrated a small Thanksgiving for Ashley. It was really nice =D Lots of food and drink and some more talk after the feast (well a feast for student standards XD). 
This is a part of what we had that day ^^ mostly the desserts... some vegeterian lasagne made by Ashley, a strawberry cheesecake bought by Ashley XD and two banana breads made by me. I think we ate nearly everything besides some lasagne that Ashley wanted to keep for the next day =D

A few days into december I actually thought it had started to snow one day. Reason? This view from my window:
Sadly, the moment I went out of my flat I realized that all the white stuff was hail O.o That was when I decided to spend the day inside XD

Luckily for me on my last day in Preston before returning to Germany it actually snowed! Bit, round snow flakes! I was in heaven =D
The puddles are from the day before when it rained. Ahh I really liked that snow! It hasn't snowed at all since I came back from Germany. It actually hasn't even been really cold Ô.o I think we have around 5 to 7 degrees celcius right now.
In the evening of my last day I tried the most disgusting bubble tea ever =( It was horrible! Maybe the colour should have warned me....

even the bubbles were gross....
Good for us that the bubble tea wasn't the only thing we had XD
Hanna gave me a cupcake backing set for christmas and I put it to good use ;-D
The results were a 6 pure sugar shocks XD
Chocolate-Nutella-Ferrero Rocher-Cupcakes!


In Germany I had another specialty, but this time a german one ^^ It's called Baumkuchen (engl: tree cake) because it kinda looks like a tree stump and in the inside has markings like the age lines of a tree.
I think it tastes brilliant! 

It is not exactly fluffy but has a rather unique texture. You can just taste the age lines in there =D 
My advice: get a small one and just try it =D

And for the last part of this post something sad. Hanna and Ashley are now both back home after one semester. Traitors! ;-D So now other people might appear in the pictures too XD I'm just telling you this so you don't think I ditched those two or anything =D
And of course, to tell you two, Ashley and Hanna, if you happen to read this: I miss you guys! But our friendship will last! (If not in the end because I won't let you get away from me ;-D I promise you... I'll hunt you down! XDD)

Love
Thym

No comments:

Post a Comment